Previously, a CEO was enough to attract new customers, then came Internet marketing, and now digital marketing. In this material we will answer the question: what is digital marketing and how to work with it?
What is digital marketing in simple terms?
Digital means digital. It means digital marketing. That is, it is brand promotion with the help of digital platforms. For example, social networks, content marketing, contextual advertising, and much more. This also includes offline methods of promotion, such as text messaging, mobile applications, and more. Simply put, this is a comprehensive promotion of a product or service using different types of marketing, using both online and offline.
This definition is often confused with internet marketing. Digital marketing includes internet marketing, but as mentioned earlier, it is not limited to the internet. It also includes traditional methods of advertising: leaflets, flyers, television and street advertising, and other methods.
How does digital marketing work?
Several channels of communication and interaction with the target audience are used to make digital marketing work effectively. Digital marketing works with the following channels:
- Media. Brands use this communication channel because it works most effectively. In this case, you can have a direct dialogue with your audience by attracting different types of advertising, including targeted advertising. The brand image is well influenced by: the creation of interesting and useful posts, contests and promotions.
- Your blog. Timely placement of useful material on various sites has a positive effect on the brand, including increasing audience loyalty. The main thing is that all information should be unique and useful.
- Mobile applications. You can pay attention to the fact that most users use cell phones in order to sit on the Internet. Therefore, you need to simplify the work of your user with the site, for example, to create a mobile application. With the help of it is easier and more convenient to work with your brand. With this service, a person gets the information he needs in a few clicks. Many stores, cab services and other businesses have already taken advantage of this opportunity and are effectively promoted.
- Email marketing. In spite of the fact that this communication channel has been used for quite a long time, it doesn’t lose its efficiency. It allows you to send news, useful materials and gifts to your audience. When properly configured, you get good results.
- SEO. This method of promotion is more profitable than contextual advertising, but takes quite a lot of time. But if you take the time or hire a competent specialist, you can attract many new customers.
- Contextual advertising. This kind of promotion requires financial expenses. But the main advantage of contextual advertising is the rapid receipt of customers.
- Native advertising. Recently this channel of communication is gaining more and more popularity. Working with different bloggers or other brands brings a lot of customers and a loyal audience. Of the advantages, you can highlight the absence of direct advertising. When you are advertised by a blogger, it automatically increases loyalty and interest in you. This is because people trust bloggers and are willing to listen to them.
Media.If you will post information about yourself on information portals, where there is your audience, then you will easily increase the loyalty of your audience
In order for digital marketing to work effectively, you need to create its structure:
- Define your goals. Here you need to understand why you need digital marketing. Don’t forget to specify the end date, as well as the desired results.
- Determine your target audience and divide it into segments. It is most effective to divide it into 3 to 5.
- Form a TSR. This is a unique selling proposition. That is, something that will distinguish you from other competitors.
- Analytics. A separate and important point in the digital marketing. Carefully analyze the tools you are working with right now, identify the advantages and disadvantages. Determine the tools you will use in the future.
- Content strategy. Here is also important to work in detail: decide on the tone of the audience, how and at what time content will be posted, but do not forget about your goal.
- Arrange tasks. Distribute tasks by importance and employees and get to work on them
- Adjustment of the work. After all items are completed, it’s important to analyze your work. After doing the analytics, adjust your path. Understand what is working effectively and what is not, as well as what you can do to improve your performance.
Who are Digital Marketers?
The digital marketer is one of the most in-demand professions in marketing. It is such a bridge that combines offline and online promotion.
The responsibilities of such a specialist include:
- Creating and promoting a digital strategy. This is a plan for selling a product or service.
- Work with and analyze media companies.
- Create and interact with a portrait of the target audience.
- Build communication with the customer, through different types of communication.
- Perform competitor and market analysis.
- Work with SEO optimization, web analytics and various tests.
Such specialists also hold meetings with various company employees, contracting agencies, partners, and sometimes even clients. Their main responsibility is to set goals and monitor their implementation.
What is the difference between Digital and Internet marketing?
This definition is often confused with Internet marketing. Digital marketing, includes Internet marketing, but as mentioned earlier, is not limited to the Internet. It also includes traditional methods of advertising: leaflets, flyers, television and street advertising and other methods.
What is the essence of the Digital Marketer’s work and his final product?
Specialists in this field are responsible for the presence and performance of the brand on the Internet. Their tasks are: interacting with the online community, creating offline events, working with the website, creating ads for radio, television and other sources, and the list of tasks above.
But in digital marketing, analytics plays a big role. Thanks to modern technology, this process is simple and convenient, in most cases automated. This makes the work much easier. Specialists make an analysis of the behavior of the audience, their interests, activity, frequency of visits to the site and other information. With the help of this information, marketers can adjust and improve their work.